After 12 years of knowing each other, 10 years of being together, 4 years of marriage, and 4 months of homeownership, we’re SO excited to announce… We’re going to be PARENTS!!!
To say that we’re excited is entirely accurate… to say that we’re also remotely terrified, would also be accurate :P
When Benjamin and I started dating, it only took us a year to realize that we would spend forever together. We started imagining our future together, the adventures we would have and ultimately the family we would create. For the first few years of marriage neither of us could imagine adding a baby to the mix. We had just spent 5 years of dating long distance and marriage was our first truly infinite time to just spend together. So we did! We adventured, we built this business, we cherished family and watched our siblings’ families grow, and now its our turn!
The number four is probably my favorite number, our anniversary is on the 4th, my birthday is on another 4th, we’ve been married 4 years and this is our 4th month in our home… so it seems only fitting that we announce this crazy crazy news on the 4th!
There has been so much I’ve been wanting to share, but we hadn’t made the news public yet! We have a few highlights to share from the past few months!
- The first trimester kicked my butt! I never realized how utterly EXHAUSTING pregnancy is at first! Benjamin and I would watch TV after dinner and I was lucky to finish an entire episode. My bedtime easily landed between 8 and 8:30.
- The couch became my best friend, topped with a fuzzy blanket no less. I was definitely one of the lucky ones that didn’t experience intense morning sickness, but ask me to go upstairs to get something?… HAH! (Did I mention the exhaustion?)
- Tater tots are the best thing. No matter what I thought I could eat, tater tots were always a solid choice!
- Garlic and I aren’t friends… at all!
- If you’re friends with me on Facebook, you’ll have seen that we recently went to the Bloomsburg Fair… Talk about a pregnant woman’s DREAM!!
- The bump is starting to show, and although I’m not convinced it looks like a baby bump, I’ve been told otherwise :P
- Benjamin is the most patient and understanding dad-to-be :) He doesn’t complain when I ask him to go up the stairs instead of me (remember that exhaustion?). Or when I wake him up with my midnight trips to the bathroom.
- And last but not least… we are NOT planning on finding out the gender. We’re attempting to embrace one of the few surprises life has left to offer! (Therefore we can’t decide on a name either!)