There are some things that a bride just shouldn’t have to worry about on her wedding day, so I try my best to fill in the gaps by bringing my wedding day kit filled with items that will either save the day or enhance the photos!
Just imagine… You’ve spent your whole morning getting dolled up, chatting with your girls, laughing and drinking champagne and then it comes time to put on your dress. Your bridesmaids are looping your buttons and one pops off! You either have to compromise your perfection and go without that one darn button or you have to find thread to sew it back on! Well thats where I come in! In the event thread is nowhere to be found or your hair dresser left and you need one more bobby pin, I’ll have some!
Instead of just being that person who takes pictures on your wedding day, I want to be there to help beyond the photos. My goal is to keep my couples relaxed and confident so if bringing a few extra items helps with those just-in-case moments, I will do it every time!
Over the last year I’ve payed close attention to not only what the bride asks for in those last minute moments, but ALSO what her bridesmaids are saying! I’ve compiled a (pretty extensive!) list of items that I do my best to bring to each and every wedding! Most of the items in my wedding day kit are self explanatory, and others might need a little more explanation for another day. (maybe future blogs?) :P Either way, here are some of the things you can expect me to have on any given wedding day! (plus a few optional ones!)
- Wooden Hanger
- Neutral fabric – if the surfaces in your getting ready room don’t match your wedding, I’ll have some neutral fabric to photograph your details
- Ribbon/ Wooden spools
- Command hooks – to hang the dress in those perfect spots
- Ring cleaner – we have to make sure theres the right amount of sparkle
- Reflector – to give an extra splash of light to your details
- Bobby pins
- Safety pins
- Advil – a headache won’t keep you down!
- Blister blocker – we have to make sure those feet last throughout the night
- Scissors – that one pesky string won’t follow you all day
- Sewing kit
- Lighter – to make sure those candles are burning in your reception detail photos
- Screwdriver – you never know when something might break!